Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Just...

Had been thinking about the following for a long time now but I guess I need to take it out of my system through this blog...

Kunnakudi Vaidyanathan's demise recently came as a shock to me. Somehow he seemed immortal. Then again, I guess he indeed is...

July issue of Reader's Digest had a story about how a child of age 16 went all the way to Delhi from Madras to meet President Dr A P J Abdul Kalam (upon invitation for Children's Day) and ended up singing Endaro Mahanu Bhavulu not just in front of him, but along with him!!!

KGKP had a series of music programs in Holenarsipura this weekend. Mother had been part of Goshti Gayana and related some of the wonderful moments of the trip:

A small child of 6 years old or even less reciting all 5 Pancharatna Kritis without even seeing the book. I mean what talent!!

An octagenarian with humped back sang the welcome song (Mahaganapathi) with such clarity, such gamaka, such devotion that it proved how one's learning stays forever in one's life if learnt well in the beginning...

Those were just a few happenings in the music side...

No comments: